How do you take care of yourself?
Take one really big breath!
Just connect in with the present moment.
Take another if you feel you need it.
Have you stopped to reflect on how you take care of yourself?
Sure, life can be pretty busy and it just seems like every day it gets busier and busier running around after everyone. Between all the family you need to help, the house and your work it seems there is more to do everyday and everyone needing you to do something for them. At times it makes the thought of taking care of yourself feel more stressful than any benefits you are meant to get out of it.
So while you are reflecting on how you take care of yourself, I wanted to share with you a list of ten things you can do. Caring for yourself does not need to be expensive or take a lot of time. Even though those massages, facials and spa days are beautiful, you can in little ways every day care for yourself. Finding small ways to connect you with the present moment, and just be.
Ten things you can do
- Look up at the sky above you, admire the colour of the sky, are there any clouds, how do they look.
- Take ten deep breaths, this can be in the car, in the bathroom, anywhere where you can just sit for a minute.
- Pop a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil in your palms and breathe them in
- Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee
- Pop on your favourite song and dance or sing your little heart out
- Sit down with your favourite deck of oracle cards and choose one card to guide you for the day
- Have your favourite candles burning in the house
- Read that book
- Give yourself a compliment
- Write down one to three things you are grateful for today
I would love to hear from you, and the ways you take care of yourself, so please comment below.